(p9) Degen Farming

Some of the community members suggested putting a small percentage of the treasury funds for “Degen Farming” - high risk, high reward strategies. With Emperor Mode enacted treasury can quickly react to the new “Degen opportunities” and cash out before the music stops.

Keep in mind that such strategies are HIGHLY risky, and can result in partial or complete loss of funds.

If passed, we can have a dedicated channel on Discord or a dedicated topic on the Forum, where anyone can suggest a “hot new farm” and quickly vote on the suggestion within a day to maximize returns, and not being “too late for the party”.

We suggest not going above 10% of the total treasury for such strategies, but it is up to you to decide.

1 Like

I think at the moment 10% of the cash is too much. In my opinion, no more than 5% of the cash should be allocated for this kind of strategy. And then, in case of gain, reinvest part of the gains made with these strategies in the same kind of programs. For example, reinvest 50% of the gains and put the rest in the treasury and thus have a bag (and why not a wallet) dedicated to risky strategies which if all goes well will become bigger and bigger and will bring funds for others safer and more strategic strategies for the long term (curve, aave, etc …)

2 Likes

I also think 10% might be too much for now, 5% is a good starting point I guess

2 Likes

I also think 5 % is enough for a first try.

3 Likes

5% I guess. I am not a fan of trying things with small numbers, but at the same time, this could go to 0. so better safe than sorry I guess.

3 Likes

I think that 10% is relevant if we want to consider gas fee.

Gas fees are quite low lately, also, most of the degen is on the sidechains, so no fees

1 Like

7% so that the risk is worth it, but with a defensive reserve. 5% is too much defensive. Psychological risk of being less careful too.

I think it’s a little early to be farming degen. Indeed, I think that the time of the team should be more focused on development, marketing, community management, interaction with partners. Now if the team (and especially Pascal) can find some time after managing everything else then I’m for 10% (as long as the time involved is profitable).